Thursday 6 October 2016

HOW TO COOK TASTY TIN TOMATO STEW; CONVERT TO NIGERIAN JOLLOF RICE


Making very good canned tomato stew is not as difficult as most people think. My tin tomato stew doesn't taste sour and it's because of the cooking method. You can cook tin tomato stew that's as good
as bukka style stew without mixing fresh tomatoes. I made this stew for jollof rice as shown on the pictures below: With fresh tomato scarcity, you can still enjoy good rice and stew; good jollof rice at home.




INGREDIENTS FOR STEW:

Medium sized canned tomato paste
3 medium sized onion
1 teaspoon Black pepper
soya oil
salt seasoning cubes
Fresh pepper (I used my preserved pepper sauce)
Water
Beef stock









Blended onion and tomato












COOKING DIRECTION:
First I blended the tomatoes and chopped onion, fried in oil with pepper and seasoning cubes until tomato begins to break into tiny bubbles, then I added the stock and black pepper. Allowed to boil before I check for taste










Adding stock












INGREDIENTS FOR JOLLOF RICE:
I didn't add bay leaves this time, just thyme.


5 cups rice
1 tablespoon thyme
1 medium sized Onion
Salt
Water
These ingredients I used to boil the rice before mixing my tin tomato stew. The rice already tasted good before stew came in.




Making the jollof rice





Washed rice in a pot with water/stock, salt, seasoning cubes, onion, thyme



Rice is cooked and ready for the stew


Mixing




My jollof is ready. Recession meat size on top.





Served









Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment