Thursday 13 October 2016

HOW TO COOK YAM PORRIDGE WITH GREEN VEGETABLES AND FISH



Ingredients for cooking green vegetable yam porridge:

  • Yam
  • Green amaranth (GREEN) or any other green vegetable
  • Fish
  • Knorr cubes
  • Salt pepper
  • Palm oil
  • Water


Cooking yam porridge with green vegetables
Steps to cooking green vegetable yam porridge:

The peeled and diced yam is washed and put in a pot with some water, pepper and palm oil, covered and brought to a boil
I then added the bone picked and washed dry fish, seasoning cubes and salt, stirred, checked for salt and left to cook
Frequent checking and stirring to help the sauce thicken, when it began to thicken, I checked for softness before adding the washed green vegetables. Stirred and turned off the heat.
The size of yam slices depend on how you want it, they can be diced smaller than what I did here.

hot yam porridge


hot leaf, used in most of my porridges like plantain, yam or irish potatoesporridge. the local name is uziza.


green amaranth is the vegetable I used for this yam porridge. the local name is GREEN

Yam porridge with green vegetables is very easy to cook and healthy too.


yam porridge with dry fish


Hot porridge with green vegetables

Yam porridge is best enjoyed when the yam is allowed to cook until it gets very soft. Sorry I don't always remember to time my cooking. I just continue to check for softness and then turn off the heat when I feel it's as soft as I wanted.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment