Wednesday 12 October 2016

HOW TO MAKE SIMPLE NIGERIAN COLESLAW AT HOME

getting ready for my special cole slaw with heinz classic mayonnaise,
salad cream, Premium dressing and thousand Island premium dressing.

I never use all at once, it is either one or the other depending on how I want to use the cole slaw

Dear Diary,
A reader wants to know how to make salad and cole slaw
.Today I am posting how I make my cole slaw.
Both vegetable and Fruit salad recipes will come later.


cole slaw with salad cream
I made this cole slaw in 10 minutes. There are times I do not want it served with jollof rice and today is one of those times. I felt like just filling myself with some salad or cole slaw, I went for cole slaw. Got it ready in 10 minutes and enjoyed myself thoroughly. It's a good thing I made much because the girls actually wanted some more again and again and again.



ingredients for my cole slaw


INGREDIENTS FOR MY SPECIAL COLE SLAW


cabbage
carrots
onion (optional)
salt
warm water
Salad dressing
STEPS TO MAKING MY COLE SLAW


grating clean carrots for cole slaw making

The carrots are washed and peeled like oranges before shredding with a sharp grater.

chopping cabbage for cole slaw

The cabbage is chopped with a knife and soaked in salted warm water for about 5 to 7 minutes. (the salted warm water takes away that cabbage smell)



chopped cabbage soaked in a bowl of salted warm water
  • A few slices of thinly chopped onion are mixed with the carrots and cabbage.(optional)
  • The salad cream, mayonnaise or other dressings are added to the mixture depending on the flavor I want, and what I want to eat the cole slaw with.
  • My cole slaw is stored in the fridge 'cos I like it cold!


cole slaw with more carrots than usual



enjoying my cole slaw without jollof rice

  • NOTE:1. I did not add onion to this because I didn't want onion breath on asunday :()
  • NOTE:2. The carrot is more because I wanted more orange color today.
  • NOTE:3. I do not add boiled egg here, leave that for mashed potato salad.

disposed carrot skin


dressing and creams for my cole slaw
Have fun mixing this easy to make coleslaw! You can add some slices of onion to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment