Thursday 6 October 2016

HOW TO MAKE GOOD CHIN CHIN


This chin chin here is best I ever made or tasted anywhere. It's so good, I've bookmarked the recipe to be my GO TO chin chin recipe. I love it. I had to hoard this quantity for pictures because they were
being rushed by the kids. The chin chin is crunchy, yet not hard like stone. I wanted to add an egg but that would have made it soft and I like my chin chin crunchy (not hard o).

INGREDIENTS:


3 cups flour
1 tablespoon powdered milk
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt ( not heaped o)
1 tablespoon baking margarine (not heaped too, just level) You can use butter here. I don't have butter at home.
11/2 teaspoons nutmeg
1 cup water (250ml)
See more step by step cooking pictures below...







All the ingredients in a bowl



I just added margarine



Adding water





Dough is ready for cutting



Flatten with a rolling pin




Cutting into squares, cubes and any shape of choice



COOKING DIRECTION:
In a bowl I sieved the flour, added the sugar, salt, milk, nutmeg, margarine and with my fingers worked on the margarine until it looks a bit like bread crumbs then I poured in the water and kneaded until dough is elastic. The dough is placed on a board, flattened with a rolling pin and cut with a knife. I sprinkled some flour on the board to make rolling easy and still sprinkled some flour on the dough before cutting.
Frying in hot oil was the final work. So quick and easy.



Ready for frying





Chin chin in hot oil.
Happy cooking!





No comments:

Post a Comment